This simple but delicious cake is perfect to celebrate the one you love. The lightly floral touch and the distinctive honey flavour are divine. Perfect as part of your daily celebrations.
- 2 Tbsp loose Chamomile Flowers
- 100g room temperature Butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup New Zealand Honey Co. UMF 15+ Manuka Honey
- 5 Free-range Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2½ cups Almond Meal
- 400g Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp New Zealand Honey Co. UMF 15+ Manuka Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste
- Line a 22cm springform cake tin with baking paper. I like to grease the tin first to ensure the paper fits snugly.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Place the chamomile in a mortar and pestle. Grind until a fine powder, removing any green stalks. Add to a food processor, along with the butter and honey. Run until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and process for a minute or two until well combined. Use a spatula to ensure all the butter and honey mixture is dislodged from the bottom for the bowl.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin and wiggle it on a flat surface to smooth the top.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Leave to cool for 30 minutes before removing from the tin. Place in the fridge for 1 hour before topping.
- Use an electric beater or food processor to whip together the cream cheese, honey and vanilla.
- Top the cake with the cream cheese mixture using a wide knife or palate knife. Use long strokes and don’t be afraid to let it have a slightly rustic finish.
- The cake can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Makes 1 cake
The information in this website is intended for your general information. It is not a substitute for medical advice from a healthcare professional and it is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or condition.