Extensive and ongoing research has found that New Zealand Manuka honey contains incredible antibacterial properties that occur naturally in the honey. These properties make Manuka Honey an excellent complement to your skincare routine¹.
Combining New Zealand Manuka Honey’s powerful antibacterial properties with the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric provides a healthy solution that can heal acne, redness, scarring and blemishes on the skin. It is the ultimate topical skin treatment that everyone is talking about!
- 1 tsp of New Zealand Honey Co. UMF™ 10+ Manuka Honey
- ½ tsp of Turmeric
- Mix honey and turmeric together in a small bowl to form a sparkling, golden paste.
- Apply using either your finger, a makeup brush or a cotton bud on to the affected areas. Ensure the utensil you use is clean - this is important.
- Leave on for 30 minutes to 1 hour, then wash off with a facecloth.
For best results apply at least twice per week. We recommend using New Zealand Honey Co. Manuka Honey UMF™ 10+ or greater because of the higher level of active antibacterial properties. However, for a more potent and effective treatment use a UMF™ 15+ or UMF™ 20+ Manuka honey.
Check out some of our other skincare tips:
- All Natural DIY Turmeric and Manuka Honey Face Mask
- Manuka Honey Body Butter
- DIY Manuka Honey and Rosewater Face Mask
- What is the best Manuka Honey for Scars
- What is the best Manuka Honey for your face
- What is the best Manuka Honey for Acne
- Manuka Honey Wound Care: Will It Help You To Recover?