Manuka Honey Health Benefits
For nearly four decades, Manuka honey has been the subject of many scientific studies. The fascinating New Zealand honey captured the attention of scientists around the world after Dr Peter Molan MBE, a University of Waikato professor discovered unique properties found in Manuka honey. New Zealand food regulations prevent us from stating information regarding these unique properties and the health benefits associated with them. However, below we have listed scientific articles and testimonials about the health benefits of Manuka honey that we encourage you to read if you would like to learn more!
1. My Domaine is a design and lifestyle website. Food, health and wellness are the three pillars of the site with an interesting and in depth article written on the history, health benefits and usage suggestions of Manuka honey.
2. An evidence based article on the health benefits of Manuka honey with a small summary at the end of each health benefit for ease of readability.
3. This article outlines the 8 food secrets that 16 grand slam winner, Novak Djokovic adopts on a daily basis and Manuka honey is one of them.
4. This peer reviewed article looks at the antibacterial activity of Manuka honey with scientifically backed evidence.
5. A fascinating article speaks of a ground breaking treatment where Manuka honey was used in a medical procedure.
6. This scientific article explores the clinical use of Manuka honey as a wound dressing.
7. Dr Peter Molan MBE looks at Manuka honey and its use in modern medicine.
8. Dr Peter Molan MBE explains the variety of ways Manuka honey is effective as medicine.
9. Dr Peter Molan MBE looks at the use of Manuka honey to promote wound healing.
10. These peer reviewed studies look at the antiviral activities of Manuka honey on influenza.
11. A peer reviewed study that found Manuka honey had an effect of the superbug Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
12. One study found that Manuka honey was more effective on a night time cough in children than common over the counter medicines.
13. This study found that combining Manuka honey with antibiotics may help patients with Cystic Fibrosis
14: A summary with referenced reports from NetDoctor discussing the healing properties and unique benefits of Manuka Honey
15: An article published in the British Medical Journal discussing the benefits of Honey in the use for URTI (Upper Respiratory Tract Infection). Quoting the study article: "Honey is a frequently used lay remedy that is well known to patients. It is also cheap, easy to access and has limited harms. When clinicians wish to prescribe for URTI, we would recommend honey as an alternative to antibiotics. Honey is more effective and less harmful than usual care alternatives and avoids causing harm through antimicrobial resistance."
New research by Oxford University has found that common household ingredient honey is not only delicious on toast, it can be more effective at treating coughs and colds than antibiotics or over-the-counter medication.