Chia seeds are incredibly popular right now and very high in antioxidants¹. There is no nutritional difference between white or black chia seeds, both are used depending on the consumer’s aesthetic. They are grown in Mexico. They absorb liquid well, which creates a gorgeous, silky pudding or custard. It is a healthy breakfast or snack and by adding protein powder and Manuka Honey it is the perfect pre or post-workout meal. You can create any flavour combination you like. We have listed a few of our favourites!
Prep Time - 5 minutes
Refrigerate Time - Overnight or at least 4 hours
Servings - 3
⅓ cup (70g) chia seeds white or black
1 cup (250mls) coconut water
1 cup (250mls) coconut milk
1 tablespoon Manuka Honey
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 pinch of pink Himalayan salt
Optional: 2 scoops of protein powder or collagen powder
We really encourage you to eat seasonal and local fruit because it is not only more nutritious and healthier for you, it is much better for the environment. Therefore please consider the origin of the following list of fruit and nuts before purchasing them.
Manuka and Walnut: An extra tablespoon of Manuka Honey and roughly chopped walnuts
Manuka Roasted Nuts and Seeds: Mix 1-2 tablespoons of Manuka Honey with 2 cups of mixed nuts and seeds and a pinch of salt. Roast for 15 minutes at 140°C.
Fig: Sliced figs with roughly chopped almonds and yoghurt
Tropical: Roughly chopped mango, strawberries and shredded coconut
Mixed Berry Parfait: Raspberries, blueberries and strawberries layered in a jar between each chia layer
Pina Colada: Roughly chopped pineapple and mint with coconut flakes
Apple-Cinnamon: Sliced apple and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon
- In a blender combine the base of coconut water, coconut milk, Manuka honey, vanilla extract, cinnamon and protein powder or collagen powder if using. Blend until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds and pulse them in for 1-2 minutes until the texture of the pudding becomes thick and the seeds are evenly distributed.
- Evenly divide the mixture into jars with fruit and nut combinations if using and refrigerate overnight or at least for 4 hours.
- Once set in the fridge, serve with toppings of your choice. You now have pre-made snacks or on-the-go breakfasts to take to work or school! A natural source of energy and so delicious!
Here's some other tasty recipes for you to enjoy:
- Manuka Honey Brulee
- Chamomile and Manuka Honey Cake
- Eat the Rainbow for Natural Wellness
- Top 4 Superfoods and a decadent healthy dessert
- Salted Caramel Bliss Balls Manuka Honey