We have been experimenting in our kitchen, creating healthy and delicious recipes using our amazing Manuka Honey! For baking and cooking, we use a UMF™ Honey such as a 5+ as recipes usually require between 1 tablespoon and a ¼ of a cup of honey.
Manuka Honey gives all baking and cooking an incredible flavour due to its complex caramel undertones and herbaceous notes.
This chocolate is so simple to make but tastes like it took hours and looks beautiful. With no dairy, no gluten, and no refined sugar, it is perfect to bring to friends for dessert or an after-dinner snack as everyone can eat it!
Prep Time - 10 minutes
Freeze Time - 1 hour
Servings - 15
- 150g cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of New Zealand Honey Co. Manuka Honey
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 a cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit
- 1/2 a cup of nuts of your choice (chopped)
- 1/4 a cup of cacao nibs
- 1/4 a cup of unsweetened coconut chips
- Grease a small dish with coconut oil or use baking paper to line the dish.
- Heat all ingredients together in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir often.
- Remove from heat when the cacao butter has melted and the texture becomes a silky smooth consistency, it shouldn’t be thick.
- This is where you can get creative. Feel free to add whatever you like to the mixture. You may just want to leave it as is.
For ideas, we added cranberries, chopped walnuts and almonds and cacao nibs to the mixture for a fruit and nut edition. Stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared dish and sprinkle some unsweetened coconut chips on top.
- Set in the freezer for at least 1 hour then eat.
Here's some other tasty recipes for you to enjoy: